Write about a conversation that changed you.

 Prompt Response: One conversation that changed me was when I was told my mom has cancer for a second time. The first time I was informed that my mom was diagnosed with cancer it drastically changed me as a person, but it was nothing compared to the second time. It made me realize that sometimes despite what you think, life can take a turn for the worse very quickly. When my mom finished treatment and beat cancer the first time, I had never expected that it would come back again. I realized that I needed to always be aware and prepared for the worst. Also, the second time around I was told that it was much worse. This made me cherish the people around me more. I realized that you never know when your going to lose someone, or if someone close to you has fallen sick.

Summary: Today in class we filled out a worksheet which analyzed a poem.

Reflection: I learned how to interpret metaphors visually and into words. I also learned how to better understand poems when reading them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Write about a fear you have overcome.