What are two takeaways from reviewing others essays from the AP Lang exam?
Prompt Response: The first takeaway I got from reviewing others essays from the AP Lang exam was the importance of evidence and commentary. When grading others essays I realized that the evidence and commentary takes up the majority of the score, and if you do not do it sufficiently than you will not get even an average score. I noticed that there is a very specific way of stating evidence and writing commentary, and that specific evidence usually scores higher points. The second takeaway I got was the importance of answering the prompt completely. Many of the writers did not fully understand the prompt and missed the question. This led to them not getting a simple thesis point, and having an extremely low overall score.
Summary: Today in class we reviewed multiple essays from the 2019 AP Lang exam.
Reflection: I learned how to properly state evidence and claims in the argumentative essay. I also learned how to construct an essay following the AP Lang rubric which will score the most points.
Comments
Post a Comment