Today, you had the opportunity to read your classmates’ writing. What was it like seeing how other people in the class think and express their ideas? What did you notice or find interesting about reading different perspectives and approaches?
Prompt Response: After reading my classmates' argument paragraphs, I learned that multiple people can have different perspectives on the same topic and still make convincing points. I noticed that the strongest paragraphs didn't just say their opinion outright. Instead, they gave specific examples and explained why they mattered. I also noticed how word choice and tone can alter the way an argument comes across. Reading my peers' paragraphs made me think about how I express my own ideas and how I can make my reasoning clearer to someone who may disagree with me.
Summary: Today in class we read each others argument paragraphs and graded them based on a certain aspect of the paragraph.
Reflection: I learned that the way one presents their evidence is crucial to making an argument sensible. I also learned different ways to express opinions which make an argument more convincing.
Comments
Post a Comment