Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?
Prompt Response: The most difficult part of building an argument for me is finding good evidence. Normally, I am used to quoting evidence directly from a source like a journal or research paper. In AP Lang, coming up with evidence from my observations, experiences, and readings is hard for me. This is because I struggle to know how to introduce it, and how specific I should be when discussing my evidence. Especially when the evidence is a story or personal experience. Another thing I struggle with is commentary. Sometimes I misinterpret the prompt and make assumptions which is not a good thing.
Summary: Today in class we learned about line of reasoning and constructed a paragraph.
Reflection: I learned in greater detail how to establish a line of reasoning and how everything in paragraphs connects together. Additionally, I learned how to better integrate evidence into my paragraphs.
Comments
Post a Comment