Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.
Prompt Response: Clustering helped me generate ideas because it allowed me to put down everything that had came to mind without worrying about organizing it right away. Once I had my main idea in the center, I could branch off into different examples, reasons, and connections that would be used in my essay. The most useful part of clustering is being able to visually see how my ideas connect to each other. It also helps me noticed which ideas I had enough evidence to write about and which we were weaker, and should maybe left out. I think I would use clustering when planning an AP Lang essay because it will help me quickly organize my thoughts before forming my body paragraphs.
Summary: Today in class we took notes on clustering.
Reflection: I learned how to properly brainstorm by using methods like clustering. I now know how to effectively organize my ideas before writing my AP Lang essay.
Comments
Post a Comment