Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?
Prompt Response: One time I used informal language in a situation where formal language would have been more appropriate was when I spoke to my dad. This is because whenever I speak to my dad, it is usually a serious situation. Not only that but he is a lawyer so he speaks very formally and expects me to do the same. There was a time when I was facing consequences for a situation, and my dad was lecturing me. Instead of using formal language and properly responding I was using informal language as if I was speaking to my friends. Looking back, I should have spoken more formally when stating my case and replying to him. This is because using informal language infuriates my dad and makes my statements less impactful.
Summary: Today in class we learned about informal and formal language, and refined our paragraphs.
Reflection: I learned how to introduce evidence more effectively in argumentative paragraphs. Additionally, I learned the difference on when to utilize formal versus informal language.
Comments
Post a Comment