Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.

 Prompt Response: Last year I was in AP Seminar. I was required to write a paper on a group research question, where each member analyzed the research question from a different perspective. At first, I tried to go off the rules my teacher gave and didn't fully understand the rubric. I had glanced at the rubric and read over it, but I didn't make sure that I knew what I was doing. This made writing the paper extremely difficult, because in AP Seminar there is a specific way of writing that isn't traditional. If I had known the "ins and outs" of writing this kind of essay, it would have been more efficient because I would not have had to go back and make changes. Towards the revision stage, I fully read the rubric and had to make many edits to  make sure I was writing how AP Seminar graders would like it. 

Summary: Today in class we went over peer feedback and looked at a rubric for AP Lang.

Reflection: I learned in more detail about expectations on the AP Lang argument essay. I found out that you need 5/6 points on every essay to get at least a 4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Write about a fear you have overcome.