Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?
Prompt Response: In middle school, we had a whole unit on poetry. We learned how to analyze poetry and create ones of our own. My class observed different poetry styles and how to write them. The type of poem to write that stood out to me in particular was blackout poetry. The writing process was unique and unlike any other style of poetry. I started with reading the original text, and understanding the main idea of it. I used the main idea of the poem to roughly base my poem theme off of. Then, I started searching for key words in the text and how to arrange them. Sometimes, I had to cut up words and letters to complete it. After I had chosen my words to create a poem, I had to design the blackout images to make it follow a theme.
Summary: In class we analyzed poetry that compared poets to acrobats.
Reflection: I learned how to better analyze poetry I may not understand at first. I also learned how to break down metaphors easier.
Comments
Post a Comment