Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
Prompt Response: Before I complete an assignment, I always use the rubric as a guide. This is because it allows me to ensure that I complete all of the required components to the assignment. If I use the rubric throughout the assignment, then I do not have to go back in the end and add new elements. After reviewing the AP Lang rubric today, I will use it as a guide to construct my essays. This is because I know exactly what graders are looking for in each section- the introduction, evidence and commentary, and sophistication point. Additionally, there are specific notes in each section of the rubric which can ensure that I get all points possible for the essay.
Summary: Today in class we went over the rubric and started brainstorming a new essay prompt.
Reflection: I learned how to effectively get the sophistication point. I also learned how to start brainstorming an essay prompt in a timely manner.
Comments
Post a Comment