esterday, you constructed a full AP Language argument essay. Think about the experience from beginning to end. What part of writing the essay was easiest for you, and what part was the most challenging? Why? What is one thing you would do differently on your next argument essay?

 Prompt Response: The easiest part of writing the essay was getting my words out. I felt like the prompt was very relatable for me, so it made it easier to come up with a claim and sub claims. I also thought that finding evidence using my personal experiences was fairly easy, because technology is so prevalent in my life and people my age. One thing that was hard for me about writing the essay was trying to not repeat my commentary. I felt that at some points I was restarting things I had already stated because I didn't know how else to explain the evidence. I found it difficult to make complex and new points about something as simple as selfies. One thing I will do differently in my next essay is trying really hard to make sure that my commentary says different things for both pieces of evidence. I want to make sure that I have two pieces of evidence which support two different things, and explain why.

Summary: In class today we wrote an AP Lang essay about the value of selfies.

Reflection: I learned where to improve on writing my AP Lang essay. I found that I struggle with repetition in my commentary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

Write about a fear you have overcome.