Write about something that you believed as a child.

 Response: Something I believed as a child was that I could talk to animals. Whether it was a wild animal like a squirrel, or my pet cats, I thought I had the skill to communicate with any type of animal. For a long time I thought that they could also understand me, my thoughts or speeches out loud, and I would hear them "responding". I believed that the thoughts in my head were actually the animals communicating with me. Sometimes I would tell a random animal something and then expect them to follow my action or order that I had said out loud. Additionally, I thought this was a gift that only I had. I am not sure if I could this belief from watching to many Disney movies, or just having a wide imagination, but either way I was set on the idea that I had a power for communicating with all kinds of animals. 

Summary: Today in class we learned what a claim is and how to use the three different types of claims to see if a claim is arguable. 

Reflection: I learned that there are three types of claims- claims of fact, claims of value, and claims of policy. I also learned that a claim usually doesn't involve a set in stone fact, because then it cannot fully be argued from different sides.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are three goals that you want to achieve this academic year?