Reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?
Prompt Response: So far, my experience in AP Language has been very educational. Originally I was in a different AP Language class and we were writing aimlessly. I felt very confused and worried that I would not understand the exam before taking it. Now that I am in this new AP Language class, I feel way more prepared. I am starting to understand the exam with the practices we are doing, and I am learning different methods like using rhetorical devices. For me, practicing with previous essay prompts has been going really well. Something that is challenging for me is properly constructed essays based on a rubric. This is because I feel confident with my writing skills but sometimes I get confused writing in a certain way based off of a rubric. One thing I need to improve is thinking of evidence from my observations, experiences, and readings and learning how to present them properly.
Summary: Today in class we worked on responding to an essay prompt about if a "good kill" is ever a thing.
Reflection: I learned how to use the app writable, and also how to construct a solid paragraph arguing for a particular stance. It was my first time using my own observations and experiences as evidence instead of citing a source.
Comments
Post a Comment