Describe something you will never fully understand.

 Prompt response: One thing I will never fully understand is racism. I know how and where racism started, but I don't understand why it still persists. This is because in American society today we are all technically equal. There are no laws which discriminate against a certain race, culture, or ethnicity. People from all different places and backgrounds work together in school, the workforce, and communities. Yet, racism is still extremely prevalent in our communities. Earlier in history, racism was extremely normalized. That is why, although it's harsh, it makes sense why people were not rejecting those ideals. It was all they were taught, and all they ever knew. However, today we are taught that everyone is created equally, and everyone has the same amount of potential for greatness. That is why I don't think I will understand that after all of the proof, all of the achievements, and all of the time people still believe in racist ideals.

Summary: Today in class we took notes on what evidence is, and we started to look at how to construct writing the third essay on the AP exam.

Reflection: I learned that the evidence used on the third essay is from personal experiences, observations, and readings. I also learned how to structure and plan my essay out before writing it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are three goals that you want to achieve this academic year?